Sunday, April 15, 2007

"National Treasure" Hits Pablo Mac's Ignore List


My son and I were heading out the door for a bike ride this afternoon when I got a new cache notification for a cache near our destination. We hurried over to try for an FTF, but, after more than a half-hour of searching for this 1.5/1.5-star cache, we deciding to give up, and then GlenMart pulled up. We hunted together for another twenty minutes or so, then we all gave up, figuring either the newbie cache owner hadn't actually placed the cache yet, and/or they made a mistake on the puzzle aspect and we were hunting in the wrong location. Yes, we had each seen both scenarios (and worse!) before.


I went home and placed a DNF log, and then received an email from the cache owner telling me, "an error was made" and to go out and try it again. The cache owner had made a simple but huge error in the puzzle, and blamed it on their GPS receiver. No apology, just blame-shifting. So as not to waste another minute on it, I will just say that this cache has made it onto my ignore list. See ya!

2 comments:

Beaverbeliever said...

This isn't right. I did send you an apology, and did encourage you to get FTF. You are making a big deal, and are not showing Geocaching Spirit. My GPSr was wrong the first time, not knowing this I made the questions around those coords. If you tried it again, you would get another find. I am sorry you searched for it before I realized the trouble. People would still be looking for it if you didn't inform me of wrong coordinates. But just try it again, and get your easy find.

See Ya???
Beaverbeliever

Pablo Mac said...

Yes, it is right. You are confusing me with GlenMart, who contacted you shortly after they and I searched at the wrong spot and gave up. I wasn't able to contact you about the problems with your cache before they did. They came back after you replied to their email; I didn't hear anything from you until hours later when I posted my DNF, and I didn't go back.

My silly blog just tells my geocaching adventure, whether positive or negative. My experience with your cache was negative. No big deal.

Also, I'm not looking for an "easy find" here, but thanks for the offer.

Lastly, I recommend you get a new GPS receiver.

See ya.