Saturday, December 21, 2013

Our Rights: Defend Them Or Lose Them

A long time ago, I put my life on the line by swearing an oath to support and defend the rights of United States Citizens, one of which reads like this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I didn't toss that oath aside when I left military service, and although I haven't lived it to perfection, I do consciously strive to fulfill it.

If you haven't read the First Amendment to the United States Constitution lately, I challenge you to do so, and then recommit yourself to support and defend those rights for yourself and others.

No comments: